On an average day in 2015, visitors to Moore County, NC spent:
- $ 188,841 on hotels, motels, resorts for lodging
- $ 280,841 on food and beverage purchases
- $ 394,630 on recreation at golf courses and tennis facilities
- $ 217,894 on other retail purchases at variety of shops, antique stores
- $ 79,894 on transportation at gas stations
- $ 48,421 on miscellaneous expenses
$1,210,521 Total Daily Expenditures by Visitors to Moore County
$441.84 million total annual Moore County tourism revenues generated by travel and tourism.
As a result of these expenditures, visitors impact Moore County’s economy by:
- Directly supporting over 5,450 jobs with a annual payroll of $101.04 million (several thousand more residents are indirectly employed by tourism).
- Pay state and local taxes totaling $97,781 daily, saving each Moore County household more than $812 annually.
- Generate new revenues daily that can't be created any other way.
- Place a minimal strain on our communities' infrastructure and public services.
U.S. Travel Association
For more information on Area Demographics please contact:
Ms. Karen Davis
1-800-346-5362 ext. 236