[POI/Listing page. NO intro text.]
- Hack Shack, The - 910-315-3426
- Pickles Batting Cages - 910-692-4487
- Sandhills Bowling Center - 910-295-9610
- Reservoir Park, Southern Pines - 910-692-2463
- Lumber River State Park - 910-628-9844
• John Memory, Wagram - 910-369-2997
• Al Pittman, Lumberton - 910-738-4936
• Robeson County Rec. Dept. - 910-671-3095
- Rainbow Cycles - 910-692-4494
- Frank Riggs - 910-235-8456
- Reservoir Park in Southern Pines - 910-692-2463
- Hillcrest Park in Carthage - 910-947-2504
Discovery Place KIDS - Rockingham
- For children up to age 10 focusing on educating through play with the theme "I can."
- 233 E. Washington St., Rockingham, NC 28379 - 910-997-5266
- Sandhills Academy of Gymnastics - 910-295-0724
Fun Gym every Friday night 6:30 - 9:30 PM
$5.00 per hour per child
Instruction Programs & Camps Just For Kids!
• Pine Needles' Youth Summer Camps, ages 10-17. 800-747-7272
• Pinehurst's Golf Advantage Junior Schools, ages 11-17. 800-795-4653
• Pinewild Golf Academy's Nike Junior Camps, ages 10-18. 800-645-3226
• Woodlake's John Jacobs' Golf School Junior Programs. 888-THELAKE
- McClendon Hills Equestrian Center - 910-673-4971 - Offers Horseback Riding for visitors. No children under 8 allowed. Cost: $50 per person for 2 1/2 hour ride. Pony Rides are available for children 8 and under. Riding Lessons are available for children 7 and up. Hwy 211, West End.
- Sandhills Cinemas 10, 104 Brucewood Road, Southern Pines - 910-695-1100
Paint Your Own Pottery Places
- The Ninth of September, 241 NE Broad St., Southern Pines - 910-695-9063
Parks & Playgrounds
- Aberdeen Lake - US Hwy 1, Aberdeen
- Cannon Memorial Park - NC 211, Pinehurst
- Downtown Park - Southern Pines
- Reservoir Park - NC 22, Southern Pines
- Downtown Park, Southern Pines- 910-692-2463
- Lawn & Tennis Club of NC* - 910-692-7270
- Memorial Park, Southern Pines- 910-692-2463
- Pinehurst Resort* - 910-295-8556
- Seven Lakes Tennis Club* - 910-673-109
Walking / Hiking Trails
- Aberdeen Lake, Aberdeen
- The Arboretum, Pinehurst
- Lake Luke Marion, Carthage
- Reservoir Park, Southern Pines
- Weymouth Woods Nature Preserve, Southern Pines
ZipQuest - www.zipquest.com
533 Carvers Falls Drive
Fayetteville, NC 28311
For details, please visit our Recreation Page.
Airborne and Special Operations Museum
Admission to the museum is free. The Theater and Simulator are $3 each, or a ticket for both for $5.
Aloha Safari Zoo
Monkeys, a tiger and a bear - oh my. Admission$5. Open to the public Saturday and Sunday, 10am-5pm.
82nd Airborne Division War Memorial Museum
Ft. Bragg. 910-432-3443
Admission to the museum is free. Theater viewings are every hour on the hour,
11 AM - 3 PM.
House In The Horseshoe
10 miles N. of Carthage. 910-947-2051
Annual Battle Reenactment in August.
Malcolm Blue Farm
National Railroad Museum & Hall of Fame, Inc.
Hamlet. Contact W.R. (Bill) Williams at 910-582-2383
North Carolina Zoological Park
Town Creek Indian Mound State Historic Site
Mt. Gilead. 910-439-6802
Archaeologically restored site brings to life the culture of the Muskogean Indians of the Pee Dee area. Visitors Center.
Weymouth Woods Sandhills Nature Preserve
Southern Pines. 910-692-2167
Nature museum on site plus hiking trails. No bicycles allowed. Pets must be on leash.
For details, please visit our Attractions Page.
• Applebee's - 1403 N. Sandhills Blvd. (US Hwy 1)
• Biscuitville - US Hwy 1 South
• Bojangles - US Hwy 1 South
• Burger King - US Hwy 1 North
• Cold Stone Creamery - Aberdeen Commons, Hwy 15-501
• Cook-Out - Hwy 15-501
• Golden Corral Restaurant - US Hwy 15-501
• Hardee's - US Hwy 1 North
• Hardee's - Pinehurst Plaza, Route 5
• Jersey Mike's Subs - Center Park Shopping Center, US Hwy 1
• Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches - Hwy 15-501
• Kaycie's Downtown Diner - 111 Sycamore St.
• Kentucky Fried Chicken - US Hwy 1 North
• McDonald's - US Hwy 1 South
• Pizza Hut - US Hwy 1 North
• Rita's Italian Ice - Center Park Shopping Center, US Hwy 1
• Ruby Tuesday - 1501 N. Sandhills Blvd. (US Hwy 1 North)
• Sonic - US Hwy 15-501
• Subway Sandwiches - US Hwy 1
• Taco Bell - 11145 US Hwy 15-501 (in Harris-Teeter Shopping Center)
• Arby's - US Hwy 1 South
• Chick-fil-A - US Hwy 15-501
• Chili's - 170 Partner Circle (just off Hwy 15-501)
• Cracker Barrel - 10975 US Hwy 15-501
• Dairy Queen - 835 Pinecrest School Road
• Dickey's Barbecue Pit - 10564 US Hwy 15-501
• Di'lishi Frozen Yogurt Bar - 10574 US Hwy 15-501
• Godfather's Pizza - 1930 Poplar Street (just off US Hwy 1 South)
• The Ice Cream Parlor - 176 NW Broad Street
• Little Caesars Pizza- 10725 Hwy 15-501, Suite A
• LongHorn Steakhouse - 194 Brucewood Road (in Kohl's Shopping Center)
• Mellow Mushroom - 10840 US Hwy 15-501
• Midland Bistro - 2160 Midland Road
• Olive Garden - 10572 US Hwy 15-501
• Purple Penguin - 150 Brucewood Road (in Kohl's Shopping Center)
• Smithfield's Chicken & Barbecue - US Hwy 1 South
• SoPines New York Pizzeria - 130-A W. New Hampshire Ave.
• Subway Sandwiches - Pinecrest Plaza
• Vito's Ristorante & Pizzeria - SE Broad Street
• Wedgies - Morganton & Pinecrest School Rd.
• Wendy's - US Hwy 1 North
• Hickory Tavern - 9735 US Hwy 15-501 (next to Comfort Inn)
• New York Deli - Olmsted Village, Hwy 211
• Pinehurst Pizza - 15 McIntyre Road
• Pizza Cafe - Olmsted Village, Hwy 211
• Villager Deli - Pinehurst Square in the Village
For details, please visit our Restaurant Page.