By all accounts the 2017 U.S. Kids Golf World Championships were the best ever.
• 2148 players from 52 different countries and all 50 states. This number was identical to 2016.
• A total of 14 different golf courses were used including Pinehurst Nos. 1, 2, 5, 6, 8, 9
• Over two weeks there were 2 World Championships, 3 Parent Child Championships, 2 Team Championships and 2 Van Horn Cup Championships played
• 8,592 competitive rounds of golf were played or 154,656 holes of golf during both weeks.
• 7 Holes-In-One scored during the World Championship
• Low score for the Teen World Championship was 8 under par on Course No. 5 and 13 Under Par on Course No. 5 and Legacy during the World Championship
• The winning 12 year old boy was from Pinehurst (Thomas Morrison)
• The family traveling the farthest was 12,400 miles (Australia)
• The International Team won the Teen Van Horn Cup and the United States won the Kids Van Horn Cup
• Weather was the best in the 12 year history of the event in the Pinehurst area
• It seemed like business was strong in the Food & Beverage and Retail sectors.
• No negative comments regarding the ongoing construction of the short game areas and limits to practice facilities for the Championships
• Players excited about the new short course and practice areas at Pinehurst for next year
• Expansion of player registration to include the Donald Ross Grill was favorable
• Greater utilization of Honda Shuttles from the Carolina to host golf courses
• 99% of the participants of this year’s World Championship were not born yet when Pinehurst first became the host site for the U.S. Kids Golf World Championship.
• Honda provided 66 vehicles for display and golf course evacuation. Club Car provided 62 shuttle golf cars
• Club Car was the newest strategic partner for U.S. Kids Golf and The World Championship
• The U.S. Kids Golf World Championships have been renewed through 2020