On an average day in 2016, visitors to Moore County, NC spent:
- $ 200,389 on hotels, motels, resorts for lodging
- $ 298,015 on food and beverage purchases
- $ 418,763 on recreation at golf courses and tennis facilities
- $ 231,219 on other retail purchases at variety of shops, antique stores
- $ 84,780 on transportation at gas stations
- $ 51,382 on miscellaneous expenses
$1,284,548 Total Daily Expenditures by Visitors to Moore County
$468.86 million total annual Moore County tourism revenues generated by travel and tourism.
As a result of these expenditures, visitors impact Moore County’s economy by:
- Directly supporting over 5,730 jobs with a annual payroll of $108.19 million (several thousand more residents are indirectly employed by tourism).
- Pay state and local taxes totaling $104,219 daily, saving each Moore County household more than $866 annually.
- Generate new revenues daily that can’t be created any other way.
- Place a minimal strain on our communities’ infrastructure and public services.
U.S. Travel Association