If you are considering an escape to the Pinehurst, Southern Pines, Aberdeen Area, it doesn’t necessarily mean you need to leave your furry friend at home. When it comes to pet-friendly destinations in North Carolina, the Home of American Golf scores high among places to bring your faithful friend.
The Pinehurst area is very pet-friendly and many towns throughout the county have numerous locations where you can bring your pet as long as they are leashed. There are many pet-friendly restaurants and pubs, especially ones that have outdoor spaces and patios. The following examples are some of our favorites, but there could be more, so if it is not on this list we recommend inquiring at other locations.
Here is our breakdown town-by town:
Restaurants and Pubs (Outdoor Patios)
Village of Pinehurst
Outdoor spaces or patios:
- Drum & Quill – Located in the heart of the Village, they even have water in pet bowls outside, if your pet gets thirsty!
- Maxie’s Grill & Taproom – Leashed pets are fine in the outdoor patio area.
- Pinehurst Brewing Company – Hangout outside in the Biergarden and they also offer doggy bowls filled with water. Rassie Wicker Park and the Arboretum are close by and great places to walk your dog!
- Villager Deli – Great outdoor seating area, and if your pet needs a walk, the Tufts Memorial Park is right across the street.
- Ironwood Café
- Pinescone Café
- The Roast Office
- Agora Bakery + Cafe
- The Marketplace
These all have outdoor spaces or patios:
- The Bell Tree Tavern
- Betsy’s Crepes
- Brixx Pizza
- Broad Street Bar & Grill
- Embers BBQ
- CharBar 7
- Divine Lounge
- Hickory Tavern
- Ice Cream Parlor
- McAlister’s Deli
- O’Donnell’s Pub
- Red’s Corner
- Southern Pines Growler Company
- Southern Pines Brewing Company (both locations)
- Sly Fox
- The Lead Mine
- The Wine Cellar
- First Watch
- Lynette’s Bakery
- Mazatlan Family Mexican Restaurant
- Buggy Town Coffee
- Pik n’ Pig
When it comes to accommodations, these can provide a pet-friendly stay. Be sure to check with each individual property, or hotel upon booking for pet fee charges as they vary from location to location.
Here is a list of pet-friendly accommodations:
- Hampton Inn & Suites
- Super 8
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott
- Homewood Suites by Hilton
- National Realty Company at No 9 (Condos and Homes)
- Days Inn by Wyndham
- Microtel Inn & Suites
- Residence Inn by Marriott
- Sure Stay Best Western Hotel
- Tanglewood Farm B&B
For a list of all accommodations, click here.
- Aberdeen Lake Park
- Martin Park
- Hillcrest Park
- Nick’s Creek Greenway, part of Southern Pines Greenway
- Reservoir Park
- Southern Pines Greenway
- Weymouth Woods Nature Preserve
If you have an emergency with your pet and need a vet, we recommend the Small Animal Emergency Services located in Vass. Phone: 910-246-0405. They are open Monday through Friday 6pm to 8am and 24 hours on weekends and holidays.
We look forward to seeing you and your pet on your next trip to the Pinehurst, Southern Pines, Aberdeen Area!