Enhanced Blues Crawl Ready To Go
“When you are standing still, you are actually going backwards.”
With the above adage in mind, the SunEvents Committee of the Sunrise Theater decided to make this year’s venerable Blues Crawl one to remember. Several major changes have been implemented to make this 17th edition bigger, more user-friendly, and easier to navigate:
• The most obvious difference is the change of date. Long-time attendees will immediately notice the shift from the sweltering July event of last year to November 4th. Comfort rules!
• Three new venues have been added to the south end of Broad Street – The Sly Fox Gastropub (Kara Grainger), Beefeaters (Abe Reid), and Broad Street Bar and Grill (Rev. Raven and the Chain Smokin’ Altar Boys). How does one get to these venues? Via the free shuttle that will run continuously between downtown Southern Pines and these venues, of course! No driving or looking for parking spaces!
• A free outdoor concert will be presented on the First Bank Stage at the Sunrise from 1:00-3:00 PM featuring rising blues performer Nathan Pope. Bring the family and enjoy our beautiful new stage and grounds. Don’t worry about eating first. We’ll have the One Nine Drive food truck available for some great food!
• For the first time, we will have an alcohol-free venue. For those preferring such a setting, a new addition to our Crawl will be 305 Trackside. Come check out Amanda Fish while soaking in one of the coolest locations we’ve ever seen (it’s actually a converted railroad depot building!).
• Blues Crawl mainstays Nosh the Deli, Eye Candy Gallery, Betsy’s Crepes, Jefferson Inn, and The Leadmine (formerly Rhett’s) will feature Bullfrog McGhee, Johnny Long, Brody Buster, Brandon Santini, and Mac Arnold, respectively.Entertainment at the theater itself will feature Tony Holiday on the First Bank Stage at the Sunrise from 5:00-7:00 PM.The headliner this year is the scintillating CeCe Teneal. CeCe will bring an energy and attitude that will absolutely rock the room! Concert-goers will be treated to a seasoned performer that reminds one of a young Aretha Franklin. Don’t miss this engaging and charismatic performer. There is one show only at 7:30 PM so don’t be late!Even with all the changes noted above, admission for the year’s Blues Crawl remains unchanged. An all-access wristband is just $25. VIP access to the headliner show in the theater is $40 and guarantees you seating in the first six rows plus access to all venues.
Our $65 Club Level balcony seating includes beer, wine, and snacks plus access to all venues.Tickets for this year’s Blues Crawl can be purchased online at www.sunrisetheater.com, at the theater office next door to the Sunrise Theater, or by phone at 910-692-3611. Additionally, on November 4 itself, wristbands can be purchased by the depot downtown (traditional location) and a new location by Sherwin Williams Paints on South Broad Street next to the Broad Street Bar and Grill. We strongly recommend purchasing wristbands early since we are anticipating a very large crowd this year. See you at The Crawl!!!