The Pinehurst Concours d’Elegance and Pinehurst Resort have reached an agreement to extend their contract for the vintage auto showcase through 2017.
The inaugural Pinehurst Concours was staged at the Home of American Golf in 2013 and returns for a second year the first weekend of May 2014. The original contract was for three years, and a successful event last year prompted talks to extend the agreements between the two parties for an additional two years.
“We believe establishing the Pinehurst Concours as one of the ‘can’t miss’ classic car competitions across the country is directly tied to a location as iconic as Pinehurst Resort,” said Pinehurst Concours executive director Jay Howard. “The response from entrants and patrons regarding every aspect of the resort’s celebrated blend of Southern hospitality and charm was overwhelming and truly humbling. We’re thrilled to be able to call Pinehurst Resort our home for the foreseeable future.”
The Pinehurst Concours also secured a fixed date on the calendar with competition being staged the first weekend of May for each of the next four years.
“The Concours is a perfect fit for our resort, providing a unique entertainment opportunity for the members, resort guests and car enthusiasts across the state of North Carolina, the Southeast and the entire nation,” said Tom Pashley, executive vice president of Pinehurst Resort. “We are confident the event will become a popular resort attraction for years to come.”
Tickets to the 2014 event, which will feature 119 classic automobiles on the pristine fairways of Pinehurst Resort on May 2-4, can be purchased online at www.pinehurstconcours.com or by calling 910–973-6594. In addition, Pinehurst Concours tickets are available in the Pinehurst Resort Main Pro Shop, Carolina Hotel Newstand and Village Putter Boy Shop.
The Pinehurst Concours will kick off a celebrated six-week period at one of the world’s top golf resorts, which will host the 2014 U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open Championships in consecutive weeks in mid June.