10 Great Things To Do
in the Pinehurst, Southern Pines, Aberdeen Area. And most don’t even involve a golf course!
1. Practice chip shots into the Pine Crest Inn fireplace. Ben Crenshaw holds the record—10 for 10!
2. Immerse yourself in the beauty of Sandhills Horticultural Gardens: 27 acres of patterned English gardens and a native wetland trail. Located on the grounds of Sandhills Community College.
3. Bring an empty stomach to The Carolina Hotel’s breakfast buffet (oh, those made-to-order omelets).
4. Take a leisurely drive through our horse country. Or attend an equestrian activity—dressage, polocrosse, hunter/jumper show, to name but a few—at the Carolina Horse Park or the Pinehurst Harness Track.
5. Strike your best Payne Stewart pose on Pinehurst No. 2’s famed 18th green.
6. Shop and eat (but mostly shop) amid the cozy boutiques of downtown Southern Pines.
7. Indulge at Pinehurst Resort’s luxurious spa (relax, guys—they offer a “Golfer’s Massage”).
8. Enjoy a hands-on Ostrich Farm Tour at Misty Morning Ranch in Robbins and learn why ostrich is both sustainable and healthy.
9. Take a spin through North Carolina’s historic pottery country, where generations of families still practice the craft of their ancestors.
10. End your day with a Ghost Walk through the Village of Pinehurst and hope you don’t have nightmares. You’ll need your rest for tomorrow.