10 Great Things To Do
1. Practice chip shots into the Pine Crest Inn Sandhills Community College Horticultural Gardenfireplace. Ben Crenshaw holds the record—10 for 10!
2. Immerse yourself in the beauty of Sandhills Horticultural Gardens: 27 acres of patterned English gardens and a native wetland trail. Located on the grounds of Sandhills Community College.
3. Bring an empty stomach to The Carolina Hotel’s breakfast buffet (oh, those made-to-order omelets).
4. Take a leisurely drive through our horse country. Or attend an equestrian activity—dressage, polocrosse, hunter/jumper show, to name but a few—at the Carolina Horse Park or the Pinehurst Harness Track.
5. Strike your best Payne Stewart pose on Pinehurst No. 2’s famed 18th green.
6. Shop and eat (but mostly shop) amid the cozy boutiques of downtown Southern Pines.
7. Indulge at Pinehurst Resort’s luxurious spa (relax, guys—they offer a “Golfer’s Massage”).
8. Enjoy the works of local and national artists at the Broadhurst Gallery in Pinehurst.
9. Take a spin through North Carolina’s historic pottery country, where generations of families still practice the craft of their ancestors.
10. End your day with a Ghost Walk through the Village of Pinehurst and hope you don’t have nightmares. You’ll need your rest for tomorrow.